Praise and Prayer
An informal time of praying and singing on alternate Thursdays (with Home groups) at 7.30pm at the church lounge. Praise and Prayer is led by members of the congregation who use themes and current needs to shape the content. Those who attend are invited to pray aloud or in silence.
Praying at Priestfield
‘I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing…This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.’ John 15: 5, 8
Give thanks and believe that God’s grace and the Holy Spirit are in our lives today.
Let us all pray
* as we read the Gospel of John together, and Jared teaches us, that we might be able to live out what the words are saying.
* for the Prestonfield roads – for all the people we know, their problems, joys and needs. For our mission there.
* as the next Messy Church (Sat 25 Feb) is being planned. Prepare people to help and to come. This is about Samuel and how he and we learn to listen and then hear God speaking.
* for the Café Time on Saturday 4th March for Starfish Asia. May this be an opportunity to find out about what this charity does as well as support its work.
* as Lent approaches, pray for the Study Groups which will be meeting across Newington. Thank you for this opportunity to meet with people from different churches and to grow together.
* pray for practical work going on in the Church building and for all those involved. Give thanks that this is possible and that all this may be part of more people being able to hear and respond to the good news of Jesus.
* as we look at our country and the world in the news may we pray that all leaders will act with integrity and compassion be it in America, Africa, Asia, and Europe…
2 Marchhall Place
Rev Dr Jared Hay
13 Lady Road
0131 468 1254
Use our contact form.
- 10.30am Worship (including all-age Godspace)